Redis
  • Dark
    Light
  • PDF

Redis

  • Dark
    Light
  • PDF

Please refer to the Redis documentation for details on Redis installation.

Post Installation

If Redis is running on a different server than IAP, the Redis process may bind to the localhost. If this occurs then Redis and IAP may not be able to communicate.

The following are example steps for allowing Redis to communicate outside of localhost.

  1. Edit /etc/redis.conf on the Redis server.

  2. Comment out bind 127.0.0.1 so that it becomes #bind 127.0.0.1.

  3. Restart Redis.

    sudo systemctl restart redis
    

Note: The instructions open the Redis TCP port externally, so security hardening should be considered.

Configuration

Apply the following recommended Redis configurations to a production or development environment. These recommendations are relevant where Redis is running in a virtual machine. However, many of these configurations may also apply to a bare metal installation.

Max Memory

By default, Redis will consume up to 80% of the memory available on the platform. Set the upper limit to 20% of the available memory so IAP may consume the remaining 80%.

Change the # maxmemory <bytes> value in the /etc/redis.conf file.

Restart Redis to allow the /etc/redis.conf changes to go into effect.

sudo systemctl restart redis

Note: Further Redis configuration for a production environment can be found in the Redis Configuration of the IAP Admin Guide.


What's Next
Changing your password will log you out immediately. Use the new password to log back in.
First name must have atleast 2 characters. Numbers and special characters are not allowed.
Last name must have atleast 1 characters. Numbers and special characters are not allowed.
Enter a valid email
Enter a valid password
Your profile has been successfully updated.