- 20 Sep 2023
- Updated on 20 Sep 2023
A supported version of Erlang/OTP must be installed before installing RabbitMQ. Although Erlang is part of CentOS and standard Red Hat repositories, it is most likely out-of-date. Please check the RabbitMQ Erlang Version Requirements Guide for currently supported versions at this link: Which Erlang Version?
Please refer to the official RabbitMQ installation guide for details on RabbitMQ installation.
Verify the installed RabbitMQ version matches the version specified on the Itential Dependencies page for the relevant IAP version.
Due to limitations in dependencies of RabbitMQ, passwords for RabbitMQ cannot have certain special characters. The character types confirmed to be invalid are
Check that the RabbitMQ service is running.
$ systemctl status rabbitmq-server rabbitmq-server.service - RabbitMQ broker Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/rabbitmq-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-01-02 17:38:38 UTC; 5s ago
Note: RabbitMQ TCP port 5672 is exposed externally by default. Hardening RabbitMQ security should be considered.
To use the event deduplication feature, additional install steps must be completed.
Note: Event deduplication is highly recommended for HA configurations.
The event deduplication feature requires that all IAP instances in an HA cluster share the same event deduplication settings in their active profile and all have the same plugins enabled. Mismatched settings will result in undefined behavior and are not supported.
Required Third-Party Plugins
Plugin Installation Steps
- Consult the README.md for the third-party plugins: rabbitmq-message-deduplication.
- Download the correct version of the two plugins listed above according to your version of RabbitMQ.
- Install the plugins by copying their
.ezfiles to the plugin directory of your RabbitMQ instance.
- Enable the following plugins using
- Verify the admin port (default 15672) is exposed to IAP. This is required for automatic settings configuration by IAP.
- Make sure the same plugins are installed and activated on all RabbitMQ instances when a cluster is being used.