- 13 Jan 2023
Port/VLAN Configuration (EOS) - Pre-Built
- Updated on 13 Jan 2023
Now that we have reviewed building a form and manipulating data with a Transformation, we will review the Pre-Built that we will use for our use case.
The use cases outlined within this section are intended to be completed on Itential's Trial infrastructure and lab. For more details about accessing this infrastructure and lab, please visit www.itential.com/get-started
From the IAP dashboard, navigate to Automation Studio. Click Automation Studio in the left navigation panel.
Click Workflows, on the left, to expand.
Expand the Port Turn Up - EOS workflow group and click on the Port Turn Up - EOS workflow.
Within the workflow, the tasks are various colors based on their type. These include:
- Green for an automated task
- Blue for a manual task
- Pink for the start/end terminators
- Purple for an operational task, such as evaluating a response for specific criteria or invoking a child job.
As mentioned in the overview, at a high level the automation will:
- Transform data
- Perform a Pre-Check to ensure the port does not already exist
- Configure the port
- Perform a Post-Check to ensure the port has been correctly provisioned
- Display a diff of the Pre-Check and Post-Check to the user