- 03 Jun 2022
- Updated on 03 Jun 2022
Automation Gateway is a robust, standalone application that runs as its own REST-ful process. It has many different feature sets, or integrations, which can be used to manage a wide range of devices.
As a network automation solution, Automation Gateway:
- Enables connectivity and interactivity with an extremely wide range of devices.
- Leverages multiple libraries and execution styles from pure Python to Ansible Runner to shell scripting.
- Returns discovered elements as JSON-Schema models which can be enhanced to handle user inputs.
- Secures access via presentation of user/password credentials.
- Natively supports the HTTP protocol and HTTPS via proxy for client/server communication.
- Supports multiple inventory systems (Ansible, Nornir, etc) and sources (internal or external) for managing devices.
- Provides a stateless server and has no requirements on redundancy roles.
Automation Gateway integrates with the automation tools listed below. Functional attributes regarding each automation tool are provided.
- Discover and execute the network family of Ansible modules.
- Discover and execute Ansible certified roles.
- Discover and execute any Ansible playbooks.
- Discover and execute any Ansible Collections.
- Install Ansible Galaxy Collections.
- Enable intelligent Ansible module/role/playbook decorations to specify and validate the required input parameters.
- Access and update Ansible hosts (inventory).
- Discover and execute user provided Nornir modules.
- Enable intelligent Nornir module decorations to specify and validate the required input parameters.
- Access Nornir configuration and hosts (inventory).
- Establish connections with a wide range of Netmiko-supported devices.
- Execute the
send_commandfunction to gather data from devices.
- Execute the
send_config_setfunction to configure devices.
- Discover and execute user provided Terraform modules.
- Enable intelligent Terraform module decorations to specify and validate the required input parameters.
- Execute Terraform actions such as Initialize, Plan, Apply, Destroy, Validate.
- Discover and execute user provided scripts in the user defined scripting environment (shell, Python, etc).
- Enable intelligent script decorations to specify and validate the required input parameters.