- 06 Oct 2023
2023.1.0 Feature Release
- Updated on 06 Oct 2023
Itential is pleased to announce the 2023.1 feature release of Itential Automation Platform (IAP) and Itential Automation Gateway, with several new functions and improvements to configure, manage and deploy devices and services across your operational network.
Standard Term Support Version
IAP 2023.1 is a Standard Term Support (STS) version of IAP, which provides customers with two years of support. Review the Version Lifecycle page for more information regarding the differences between STS and LTS versions of IAP.
Automation Platform (IAP)
Itential has added new features and made significant improvements to IAP with the 2023.1 release. Some of the feature highlights of this release include:
• Packaged IAP as a container image to simplify deployment and configuration by a broad range of container management tools.
• Enabled Service Accounts to support northbound access to IAP and provide OAuth2 client credential support for external apps to connect to IAP.
• Integrations can now authorize themselves to 3rd party applications using OAuth2 grant flows.
• IAP’s Swagger document is now available as a fully compliant OpenAPI 3.1 document. Users have a “try it out” feature to directly test IAP APIs using their login session credentials.
• IAP core changes have been made to further simplify deploying blue-green architectures.
• Certification for IAP 2023.1 to run on Red Hat 8, Red Hat 9, Rocky 8 and Rocky 9 operating systems.
Admin Essentials is now a UI-only application. As such, it no longer has a corresponding service configuration. If you see a service configuration for “AdminEssentials” (IAP → Admin Essentials → Applications), you most likely have an improper installation. Please ensure the migration scripts were run properly during the upgrade process.
• Introduces a new Automation Studio canvas that blends the modernization of the Gen 2 canvas but retains the functionality of the Gen 1 canvas.
• The new canvas experience can handle existing Gen 1 and Gen 2 workflows with no migration required
• IAP’s newest application, Lifecycle Manager, allows customers to model their network and services as a combination of structured properties and workflow actions.
• With Lifecycle Manager, customers can define resource models and create instances for assets in a network and then track changes to those assets throughout their lifecycle.
• A new capability to use device groups in Configuration Manager in the same manner as individual devices, including association with Golden. Configuration nodes with compliance run against an entire group.
• JSON Compliance improvements will enforce compliance for Infrastructure as Code (IaC), allowing users to identify configuration violations and simplify the handling of JSON configurations.
Automation Gateway (IAG)
Itential has made significant improvements to IAG with the 2023.1 release. Some of these include:
• Packaged IAG as a container image to simplify deployment and configuration by a broad range of container management tools.
• Added a metadata description field to the GUI for Playbooks, Roles and Scripts. All metadata is saved to the IAG database.
• IAG’s Swagger document is now available as a fully compliant OpenAPI 3.1 document. Users have a “try it out” feature to directly test IAP APIs using their login session credentials
• Enabled HTTPS communication between IAG and IAP.
• Added support for Ansible Core 2.13 and Community 6.x and Ansible Core 2.14 and Community 7.x.
• Updated support for Netmiko to 4.1.2 and Terraform to 1.2.9.
• Improved control over logging of sensitive values in decorations.
• Improved usability of extensible device system support.
Itential offers additional resources for our customers in support of the 2023.1 release. Be sure to check out our webinar and Itential Academy courses:
• IAP 23.1 Customer Preview Webinar
• IAG 2023.1 Improvements and Enhancements – Itential Academy
• IAP 2023.1 Improvements and Enhancements – Itential Academy
• IAP 2023.1 Canvas Overview – Itential Academy
• Lifecycle Manager (IAP 2023.1) – Itential Academy
Release notes are provided below for a full list of new features, improvements, bug fixes, security fixes, chores, and deprecations. Click the link for your specific version.
- IAP Version 2021.1 reached end-of-support (EOS) on June 25, 2023.
- IAP versions 2020.1, 2019.3, 2019.2, 2019.1 and 2018.3 have reached their end-of-support (EOS) cycle. ISD tickets for these unsupported versions are no longer accepted and software maintenance releases are no longer provided.
- More info on Itential’s release cadence can be found in the Version Lifecycle guide.
- If you have any questions, please contact our Product Support Team.