About this Release
Welcome to the latest Itential software release!
We've enhanced the software's functionality and developed some new features to make network automation easier and more extensible than ever.
In this feature release of Itential Automation Platform (IAP) you'll see:
- Job Manager was redesigned and moved to Operations Manager for a unified operations view of jobs and tasks, including a job metrics dashboard of how many jobs were run and how long it took to execute.
- Improved error handling in Automation Studio with the ability to auto-retry tasks and overwrite incoming data to fix a job.
- A predictable input/output schema for workflows that allows Automation Studio to validate and check for potential errors before an automation is run.
- The IAP Homepage now is customizable! It allows administrators to add external links to appear on each user’s homepage.
- A user interface in Admin Essentials to validate and manage the database indexes necessary for optimal IAP performance.
- Better RBAC control in Automation Gateway (AG) for assigning and managing roles, including permissions for editing AG configurations and using the execution engines.
- Improved Pre-built installation to allow for shared resources to be more easily managed. Now when a component of a Pre-built that is currently being installed already exists on the system, the user is prompted to accept it will be overwritten by the new resource. With this improvement, users can choose to delete components that will affect multiple automations, thereby giving the user better control of the data on the system.
- Improved security of sensitive data such as passwords and tokens with a mechanism to ensure that secure data is no longer exposed to the UI, but still available for backend calls.
- New handling for the SIGTERM signal to workflow engine to more gracefully shutdown. By enhancing the “shutdownTimeout” parameter, if all services have completed their shutdown activities before the timeout then the platform will exit.
- A better backend migration script to enable a more consistent migration path.
Built to support both network and cloud, Itential provides a centralized, robust platform for end-to-end automations and device management across complex, heterogenous networks. To learn more about IAP, check out the links below.
For release notes and related product information:
If you'd like to see more product features in action, or discover more about IAP for network automation, visit our media channels.